RE: Cygwin shell eats Windows exceptions?

> > Sorry for the lack of info.  This is a Windows native console application.
> Here's the source code:
> >
> > #include <windows.h>
> >
> A "console application" doesn't require windows.h but this isn't the issue.
[Bill Smith]
Not sure that I understand.  Is your point that because it includes Windows.h, it's a GUI application?
I was just following the docs here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms679297%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

> The Windows cmd console and the Cygwin console behave differently to the
> exception.  Not a bug, just not what you wanted.
[Bill Smith]
Ok, understood.

> What if you 'cmd.exe /c foo.exe' from the Cygwin shell?  Will the Dialogue
> popup box occur?  If so you can provide a sh script foo to execute the
> foo.exe file.
[Bill Smith]
Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work.  If I try to open a command prompt from a Cygwin shell (just type in "cmd"), I get the same behavior where I don't see the popup.  If I run "cygstart cmd.exe", then running the program from the command prompt will generate the popup.