This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CancelSynchronousIo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
- From: Keith Williams <keith dot dev dot uk at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:28:55 +0100
- Subject: CancelSynchronousIo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've read the FAQ. I feel the matter isn't resolved and I haven't been
able to use Cywin/XP for a while/
Has anyone tried installing Cygwin on Windows XP? The installation
doesn't work because the applications seem to be linked with newer
Windows run-time libs. Bash and dash do not work for example, they're
looking for the missing kernel call, CancelSynchronousIo.
I don't seem able to go back to a working system from the upgrade, and a
new installation doesn't work.
Given that 32bit Windows 7 and Vista have been around for years, why was
it decided to drop support for Windows XP? Presumably, there's nothing
much to be gained by doing this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple