This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sys/cdefs.h or maybe gcc build issue
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:09:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: sys/cdefs.h or maybe gcc build issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2016-10-30 12:23, cyg Simple wrote:
The below sample code will give a warning that visibility isn't
supported in this configuration. Either the GCC build is incorrect or
the sys/cdefs.h needs to be modified to define __hidden to empty.
gcc wiki demonstrates what needs to be done instead:
at a minimum add `&& !define(__CYGWIN__)`; other posts also exclude
MinGW and ARM-PE (W10 Surface, IoT) targets using PE format not ELF;
gcc notes not all ELF targets support this:
Which raises the interesting question - anyone tried porting Cygwin
to non-x86 arch?
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple