Re: XWin server, idle, using lots of CPU time

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Jon Turney wrote:

> Possibly the problem is caused by the internal WM or clipboard threads, so
> you might try with -noclipboard or in windowed mode, and see if you see the
> same load.
>
> If that's the case, maybe running with -logverbose 3 would generate a log
> which gives more information about what unnecessary work is being done.

Thanks, Jon.

-noclipboard did not make a difference.

Running xinit instead of startxwin consumes 0% CPU time.  The X
desktop has a single xterm which I could play with.

I attached the log output from startxwin with -logverbose 3.  I opened
and closed one xterm before existing xdg.  Clipboard is disabled.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us