Re: Standard LEX variable doesn't work in Make.

On 11/21/2016 11:57 AM, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
Hi,

I'm changing a FOSS project to rely more on standard Make
vars such as CC and CFLAGS and such: use $(CC) for
the compiler unless told otherwise, incorporate $(CFLAGS)
if it is defined, and so forth. This is friendly toward
distro package maintainers.

Anyway, even though my Cygwin installation has GNU Flex,
the lex command is nonexistent; thus the $(LEX) Make
variable fails.

Either LEX should go to "flex", or there should be a
"lex" alias.

If the installation has some sort of lex, the
predefined $(LEX) variable should resolve to it.

Shouldn't your configure script take care of this? There's an autoconf macro AC_PROG_LEX that you can use.

Ken