Re: Fullscreen application with Cygwin/X in multiwindow mode

Greetings, David Chamberlain!

>> But ideally this would be fixed by adding support for
>> _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN to the WM.

> Any idea how much effort would be required to implement the fullscreen
> support? Any major hurdles to overcome? It may be something I could
> work on in my spare time.

Depends, what you mean by "fullscreen". All too often people say "fullscreen"
when in fact they mean "borderless windowed".
The difference is crucial.
For the latter, you don't do anything short of setting some additional flags
on your window and size it to display resolution.
For the real fullscreen, you'll have to code your own engine dealing with
graphics hardware on OpenGL/DirectX level. And then get complaints from people
with more than one monitor, that they can't use both simultaneously.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...