This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fullscreen application with Cygwin/X in multiwindow mode
- From: David Chamberlain <dc46and2 at gmail dot com>
- To: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 09:10:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: Fullscreen application with Cygwin/X in multiwindow mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHvVhSvJVtmNXQLxKNvhWUxH6MzCeaq-ZchCR9hcHk54yRDx3w@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAHvVhSsKLVVZZ7W6wES6btb9oad4ixxQqBAR6xXisLVtmsKgyQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Jon Turney <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Patches are always welcome.
> I think this should be pretty straightforward to add, although it might be a
> bit tedious.
> , should help you get started :)
> Looking at this in a little more detail, I wasn't quite accurate in my
> statement above: There is very limited support for this state, in that
> windows which are created with it are probably shown correctly.
> I think what's needed is extend the handling of _NET_WM_STATE messages so it
> can handle a window being changed to _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN. (At the
> moment _NET_WM_STATE is, only handled when it can be mapped down to an
> equivalent WM_CHANGE_STATE message, see )
>  https://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/cygwin-x-cg.html
>  https://specifications.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html
Thanks for the references. I'll see if I can come up with a patch.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple