This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with chdir and GetCurrentDirectory on Windows 2016
- From: Dipak Gaigole <dipakgaigole at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 12:54:07 +0530
- Subject: Re: Problem with chdir and GetCurrentDirectory on Windows 2016
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADs2-=TCsi-vpQxa+Nhwgc6GHo734qpGh+DOYcuYo36C5r4t0g@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADs2-=QW6AeU9a8_7c557WBfB2VgY6aNQ19E+YK-fd_jnKBMfw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADs2-=TeVMnQ5sdVGJnSw0ouNh_dj3cBf1PP6fN-62smsBeDpA@mail.gmail.com> <CADs2-=Sh5cR-LTmxTsVR=jkcGJ0AxhU=ssg436CCJ5DT9WSnSA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADs2-=R_NxbDNom1MDyyBYgtCfifQ3V-D4jy2wNkHb7fUv0Org@mail.gmail.com>
> >>>> So in this situation, is it possible to get the cwd value as
> >>>> "/cygdrive/c/temp/appdir/bin" using some cygwin API?
> >>> No, it is generally not possible to get the POSIX path to anything in
> >>> the cygwin root (/) tree to be prefixed by the /cygdrive prefix. The
> >>> /cygdrive prefix exists solely to resolve paths that are outside of /,
> >>> so paths inside that tree don't need the /cygdrive prefix.
> >> This path is also displayed to the enduser at different places. So our
> >> requirement is to always get a path in the /cygdrive/ prefix format
> >> irrespective of whether it is inside the cygwin root (/) or outside of
> >> /.
> > I think this can be achieved by getcwd () +
> > cygwin_conv_path(CCP_POSIX_TO_WIN_A,...) and converting the windows
> > style path to /cygdrive/ prefix format.
> No, this is wrong approach.
> Do not do manual path manipulation, it WILL fail.
> Always use corrsponding conversion tools provided by Cygwin.
Agreed Andrey. But I couldn't find any API(s) which can serve my
requirements. And we can't afford to execute (fork+exec) tools like
cygpath for each getcwd call.
Any suggestions on improving this approach or any alternative approach
are always welcome.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple