This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Missing static libraries in current versions of mingw64 expat (x86 and x64)
- From: David Lee <mailtolky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:24:18 +0800
- Subject: Missing static libraries in current versions of mingw64 expat (x86 and x64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am trying to do some cross-compiling with cross compilers:
i686-w64-mingw32-gcc and x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc, with the expat
As of now, Cygwin provides two versions: 'previous' (2.1.1-2) and
Previous versions have both static (libexpat.a) and shared versions
Current versions do not have static versions; only shared.
Is it an oversight or are there some reasons for the lack of it?
Thanks for your help.