Re: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list

On 2016-12-21, Lester Ingber wrote:
> Since gmail inserts extra characters that are not recognized as text, I
> am using mutt.
>
> mutt does not permit adding References: headers.  Instead, I seem to be
> OK getting
>
> Is there a better/different way of replying to cygwin posts?

If you've told mutt that you are subscribed to the cygwin list by
putting

    subscribe cygwin

in your muttrc file, then mutt should generate the appropriate
headers automatically when you reply to the list with the 'L'
command.

In this reply, for example, I see that mutt automatically added

as well as the From:, To: and Subject: headers.

For more on this, see the mutt manual, section 12 Mailing Lists and
section 5.4 Miscellaneous Functions, the <list-reply> function.

Regards,
Gary