This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can't access /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative ?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Lester Ingber <ingber at alumni dot caltech dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:36:54 +0300
- Subject: Re: can't access /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <4a128e20-666e-5366-d432-456c67270d57@SystematicSw.ab.ca> <20161221201600.GA11116@ingber.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Lester Ingber!
> So, I guess that I should have seen that the Windows 10 Ubuntu bash.exe
> is actually written as a 32 bit code (they didn't use the 64-bit code
> as on my other true Ubuntu x64 platform?)
No, UoW bash is completely different beast. Neiter Win32, nor Win32+.
> from the PE32+ info?:
> 12:08:44pm ingber@lesterX1:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32# ls -l bash.exe
> -rwxr-x---+ 2 TrustedInstaller TrustedInstaller 70656 Oct 14 20:57
> 12:08:48pm ingber@lesterX1:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32# file bash.exe
> bash.exe: PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows
With best regards,
Thursday, December 22, 2016 15:35:55
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple