This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: borgbackup test fail on cygwin (only) - cygwin pipe issues?
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 11:53:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: borgbackup test fail on cygwin (only) - cygwin pipe issues?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 1/10/2017 10:47 PM, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> borgbackup uses a RPC protocol via a ssh pipe to implement client/server
> borg client --pipe-- ssh --tcp-- sshd --pipe-- borg serve
> This works very reliable, we have tests running on linux, freebsd,
> netbsd, openbsd, OS X. It even works on win10 linux subsystem.
> But on Cygwin, only the local tests work, but the remote tests (which
> need the pictured ssh pipe) fail or hang.
> When trying to find out what's going wrong, I noticed corrupted data
> coming over the pipe.
> I've found some other pipe issues on the cygwin mailing list, maybe this
> is related?
> Our issue about this:
Are your pipe handles in open in binary mode or text mode? You should
always ensure they are in binary mode.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple