Re: borgbackup test fail on cygwin (only) - cygwin pipe issues?

>> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/1268
>
> Are your pipe handles in open in binary mode or text mode?  You should
> always ensure they are in binary mode.

That was my first idea also.

https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/blob/1.0.9/borg/remote.py#L188 this
is the place where the ssh subprocess is forked and the pipes are set up.

There is nothing special about binary mode there, but as mentioned in
that ticket, I just tried it out to send binary data over such pipes and
it worked:

https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/1268#issuecomment-239923192

(that \n should get modified to \r\n if in text mode, but it got through
"as is")

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393