This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Issues with PHP PCRE and with libass4 vs libass5
- From: Roger Qiu <roger dot qiu at matrix dot ai>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 00:07:59 +1300
- Subject: Issues with PHP PCRE and with libass4 vs libass5
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I was struggling to get the new PHP version working in cygwin until I
found this: https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-11/msg00336.html
Is it a good idea to make `pcre.jit=0;` to be false for php-pcre
package? Otherwise there's no other information as to why PHP7 fails now
for many common applications like `composer`.
Another issue is `libass4` no longer exists, and yet it is still
required by things like `mplayer`. I used to use `mplayer` from cygwin
ports relying the `libass4` library from official cygwin packages, but
`libass5` only exists. Is there a way to bring back `libass4` or can
something else can be done?
Founder of Matrix AI
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple