This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: X11 becomes unresponsive with complex client programs
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: David Arnstein <arnstein at pobox dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 14:09:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: X11 becomes unresponsive with complex client programs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 14/01/2017 01:38, David Arnstein wrote:
My cygwin installation can display simple X11 clients such as xterm. A
complex client such as git-cola, launched from a remote RedHat Linux
machine, will cause all X11 windows under cygwin to become unresponsive.
Windows Task Manager says "not responding."
This problem occurs with recent releases of Cygwin/X11. The attached
cygcheck.out indicates the last X11 version that works well: 1.18-4.1.
All other cygwin packages are up to date.
Thanks for reporting this problem.
Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce it.
However, I suspect this may be caused by switching to the smart
scheduler by default in xorg-server 1.19.0-1.
So, the first thing I'd suggest you try is adding -dumbSched to the X
server options to see if this makes a difference (e.g. 'startxwin --
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple