Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:08:17, Eric Blake wrote:
> [again, your email client likes to break threading, so I nearly missed
> this one]

Sorry about that, I wrote my own client so that I could reply without
subscribing:

I switched the "In-Reply-To" header to "References", hopefully that will fix it.

> Are you building readline from source each step of the bisection?

Yes.

> are you applying all the downstream cygwin patches each build, or just using
> the stock upstream sources?

The latter.

> Normally, I _don't_ run anything under cmd.exe (all my use of cygwin is
> under mintty), so I need a lot of hand-holding to reproduce anything in
> your setup, in particular how you are even getting extended characters
> to print (what locales and/or window settings you have to set).

1. You must run as a login shell, i.e. "bash -l"

2. You must have in /etc/profile, .profile or similar:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8