This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: help getting version 2.6.0-1
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:18:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: help getting version 2.6.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPD0=Maht9LutmVbs+Pw2DvU03CnP=SAkVr24sHN5=Vc9DoZPw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <7B25C51C-2F69-4446-91D7-25A1F6AD33EB@gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-01-17 17:04, sun zheng wrote:
> i also tried to install at c:/cygwin64 and the cygwin version is also
> it is not due to my install method. i just mean that i am using the
> latest setupexe, so the version is 2.6.1-1.
> and what i need is how to install 2.6.0-1 currently?
> or can you send me some dll to replace so that i can get "2.6.0-1"
> using "cygcheck -c cygwin"?
> From: Marco Atzeri
>> As cygwin is a rolling distribution you can consider
>> for an installation frozen in time.
As Marco said, read the Cygwin Time Machine archive instructions at that
page, find the Setup version you require at
then use that to download the old Setup, find a "circa" mirror near the
date you downloaded, run the downloaded Setup and add that "circa" mirror,
then use it to install only the packages you require, as that link is slow,
and your connection may be dropped if you abuse it.
You may also start Setup manually or using a shortcut with a "circa"
-O -s ftp://www.fruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2016/12/16/151347/
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple