This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: sun zheng <magiczheng dot sun at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 22:25:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin dll for 2.6.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <F5F99E17-9D22-47E8-BA19-3220FD280017@gmail.com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 1/18/2017 10:06 PM, sun zheng wrote:
hi team,sorry for troubling.
but could you help send me the dll file of version 2.6.0-1???
i really need it!sonce i can only get 2.6.1-1 from website
Dear Jerry --
1) People have told you how to use the Cygwin time machine to get
earlier versions; and
2) You need more than just the dll - you need the programs you're
going to install with it.
I urge you to look at the email responses and try to follow the
instructions on using the Cygwin time machine, etc.
Here is where the instructions are again:
I had trouble making this work with FireFTP installed in my
FireFox browser, but in a less-decorated Chrome browser it
worked fine. You do need to read and follow a series of
instruction to (a) get the right link (e.g., the one for
the last snapshot of 2.6.0-1) and then (b) use it with
setup to pull the right versions of cygwin and any other
packages. (The .dll you refer to is part of the 'cygwin'
Regards - Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple