This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-4.4.12-3
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 12:44:14 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-4.4.12-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 12:27:48, Steven Penny wrote:
> Bash printf cannot handle any Unicode blocks starting with "Private Use Area"
> (U+E000 - U+F8FF). Note I will be skipping the surrogate blocks (U+D800 -
> U+DFFF) for this post, as /bin/printf does not support them either:
A patch was submitted back in November, and Chet even said thanks, but he
never applied it. Can we pull this in as a Cygwin specific patch or something?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple