This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
X colormap problem when viewed via Microsoft Remote Desktop
- From: jeff_schenck at att dot net
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 19:16:35 -0800
- Subject: X colormap problem when viewed via Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Jeff Schenck <schenck at alum dot mit dot edu>
After a fairly recent update of cygwin, I now find that all my X
windows (xterm, emacs, etc.) have color and font problems. Non-x
terminal windows are fine. Windows 7 is running as a VM on an esxi
hypervisor, so I view it remotely with Microsoft Remote Desktop. It
worked well on a previous cygwin release, but I don't have the exact
date when it changed. Also, I don't think the problem is with MRD
because I see it with VNC also.
I tried attaching cygcheck.out and XWin.0.log but the mail bounced
with the message "552 spam score exceeded threshold".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple