Re: [grep] regression: Windows version grep not search two non ASCII words separated by space

On 01/31/2017 07:08 AM, Михаил Гаврилов wrote:
> Windows version grep not search two non ASCII words separated by space
> More details described here: https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1366
> Last workable version is 2.24

I was about to say "please paste 'grep --version' so that I can tell if
you are using the Cygwin version", except that I realized that I forgot
to tweak my grep.cygport to actually modify the --version output.  A new
Cygwin build of grep will be landing shortly as a result :)

However, I suspect that the OP's problem is that they are not using
Cygwin grep, and therefore this bug report is irrelevant to this list
(and should be reported to wherever they got the binary, instead), even
if it did spur me to improve the relevant build.