This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl library request - local::lib
- From: Brian Mathis <brian dot mathis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:40:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Perl library request - local::lib
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPsu6Lg=zbzpf_tM_5qZnttSSRy=Zx2mnH2GWW9ApR0dZiUk0g@mail.gmail.com> <87tw8dagvp.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Brian Mathis writes:
>> Please add the local::lib library to the available perl packages.
> It was a deliberate decision to not include it. Just throwing out a
> request like that won't convince me otherwise, but I may change my mind
> if you have any arguments with substance.
>> This allows bootstrapping many other packages directly from cpan into
>> a local directory without polluting the main Cygwin files.
> This is still more error prone than one would like and I expect anyone
> capable of getting all the little things right to not have a problem
> with bootstrapping local::lib themselves (I'd do it via cpanm, but there
> are other ways of course). Also, just by installing CPAN you aren't
> polluting main Cygwin files: the modules distributed with Cygwin install
> under perl_vendor, the modules installed by cpan will end up in
I appreciate your feedback on this. Is there somewhere that rationale
is laid out? If there was a mailing list discussion, then I must have
missed it. Would you happen to know where it would be in the archive?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple