This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [test]: sed-4.4-1
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 14:14:45 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated [test]: sed-4.4-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
From: Steven Penny
> Perhaps I am missing something, but cant all that be said about Sed too? I
> just cant see a situation where we are justified changing one and not the
> other. They should either both strip carriage returns or neither.
How about grep?
$ printf 'hello\r\nworld\r\n' | grep hello | od -An -tcx1
h e l l o \n
68 65 6c 6c 6f 0a
Are there others?
(BTW, I support the change.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple