This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
XWin no longer working for me with -nolisten tcp?
- From: "Matt D." <matt at codespunk dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 14:20:39 -0800
- Subject: XWin no longer working for me with -nolisten tcp?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: codespunk+cygwin at gmail dot com
I just recently formatted and reinstalled Windows 10 x64. I have not
updated anything related to Cygwin and everything version-wise is just
as it was.
I was previously starting X with the following:
$ xinit -- -multiplemonitors -multiwindow -clipboard -noprimary -dpi 96
-nolisten tcp -displayfd 3 3>/c/home/.display
But now it fails to open the display:
I can get around this issue by using "-listen tcp" instead of "-nolisten
tcp" but I don't understand why. This is especially ironic considering
that this is the complete opposite workaround to what I had to use three
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple