This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Query about "libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable"
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:47:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: Query about "libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 18/02/2017 21:59, Eliot Moss wrote:
Dear friends -- I get the message above when I start cygwin emacs-X11
32-bit while running Cygwin-X. First of all, should I care? And if
This message should probably be downgraded from an error.
I should, what can I do about it? Does this have to do with the
command line parameters when starting the X server, for example?
This message indicates that we wanted to use direct,
hardware-accelerated OpenGL ('Windows-DRI'), but that the server didn't
This could be due to:
- server option -nowgl
- windowing mode doesn't permit wgl (i.e. not -multiwindow)
- display driver does not support WGL (i.e. the default VGA driver)
See also  for more details.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple