Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.8-3

Am 20.02.2017 um 10:11 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On Feb 18 23:45, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 17.02.2017 um 23:29 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
Am 17.02.2017 um 10:43 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On Feb 17 08:36, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 16.02.2017 um 21:32 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
Am 16.02.2017 um 13:49 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
There's an ESC sequence to change the codeset?  Do you mean the
alternate codeset sequence \e[10m / \e[11m
Oh, that one! Thanks for mentioning, I had overlooked it and fixed
mintty now to consider it.
or is there something more sophisticated?
I actually meant to adress
https://github.com/mintty/mintty/wiki/CtrlSeqs#locale and there is
also \e%G and \e%@.

I just notice that later changing of the IUTF8 flag from the master
side does not seem to work on a Window 10 system (although it works
initially) while it does work on a Windows 7 system. Weird.
Now tested on 2 Windows 7 systems and 2 Windows 10 systems. Does not
work on Windows 10.
Any idea?
Actually, I'm not sure but I think this problem only occurs if mintty is
started in a non-UTF-8 locale.
If it's started in UTF-8, later switching seems to work.
The strace shows that errno is set to 88 ENOSYS at some place (but I don't
know where).
I wonder.  Can't you just start mintty under GDB and debug what happens
in the places it calls tcgetattr/tcsetattr?  You can also see what
tcsetattr actually doe, which is, almost nothing.  At the core it
chooses the tty and just overwrites the termios structure of the tty.
That's all.  You can also see what function call returns ENOSYS then.
Before fiddling around with gdb (which I'm not familiar with, sorry), I've made additional observations.
First, the issue occurs regardless of how the terminal is started.
Then, it seems to occur in interactive bash or tcsh only, not in dash, or within the following loop started from bash:
while true; do sleep 1; stty -a; done
In the latter cases everything works as expected.
Maybe it's readline() trying to keep the flag consistent with its locale?
(If that's the case, it still doesn't explain why it only fails on Windows 10.)
------
Thomas