This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Differences between Windows shell and Cygwin shell?
- From: Nicolas Neuss <neuss at math dot fau dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:48:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Differences between Windows shell and Cygwin shell?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
Nicolas Neuss <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> [Problems when starting IBM's Data Explorer OpenDX from the Cygwin
> shell in script mode while it is working from the Windows shell.]
A (maybe stupid) idea: Could this perhaps be a CRLF problem? That is,
that dx expects CRLF as a line ending and the Cygwin shell passes it
If yes, is it possible to configure the Cygwin shell to communicate with
a subprocess using CRLF line endings?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple