This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question for running KDE apps.
- From: Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος <giorgosk67 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:11:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question for running KDE apps.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABhBvQv5TN=uSWMd3YRc7MkH3hZ8hRuRm7+DJ=R_1A737Ys4email@example.com>
2017-02-27 22:01 GMT+02:00 Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> 2017-02-27 21:35 GMT+02:00 David Stacey <email@example.com>:
>> On 27/02/17 13:29, Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
>>> Is it possible to run a KDE app in cygwin?
>>> I tried some of them, but I keep receiving the error message:
>>> "QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display. Aborted (core dumped)".
>> Try the following commands from a Cygwin bash shell:
>> XWin -multiwindow &
>> export DISPLAY=:0.0
>> Then start your application as before.
> Still the same.
Oh, that did the trick! :-)
I retried some times and finally I succeeded.
I don't know why the 1st attempt failure, but everything's in place now.
THANKS Dave!!! :-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple