This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/usr/bin/top: RES and MEM% are 16 times VIRT
- From: Marty Shannon <mjshannon3 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 12:32:38 -0500
- Subject: /usr/bin/top: RES and MEM% are 16 times VIRT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The RES column displayed by /usr/bin/top is 16 times as large as VIRT
(as is MEM%, since it is presumably calculated from RES). From my
observations, VIRT seems to agree with /proc/self/stat field 22
(0-origin), and matches what I expect.
Not a big deal, but it surprised the heck out of me....
If I were to guess, I'd say this is probably due to incorrect page
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple