This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Strange errors running gcc tests on Cygwin
On 8/03/2017 10:25, Daniel Santos wrote:
My concern is with the dynamic portion of this behavior -- what is
affected by environment variables.
Many years ago I ran a nightly build/test of gcc under cygwin and
reported the results to gcc-testresults. There may be is discussion on
the gcc mailing lists from c2000-2005. If you search "site:gcc.gnu.org
David Billinghurst cygwin" you ??might?? find something relevant.
From memory, I got it all working by
* building gcc and friends
* using find to locate all the .exe and .dll files in the build tree
* worked out by trial and error which files were needed at run time by
the test suite.
* setting PATH when running the testsuite so that the directories
containing (new) required .exe and .dll were in front of any system
* making sure that PATH wasn't reset by the testsuite
* looking at places where LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set/modified by the
testsuite and checking if cygwin needed PATH to match
* (submitting patched to fix gcc testsuite under cygwin)
Once that was done it all "just worked" until it broke again. Good luck.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple