Re: Solved: R-3.3.3-1: unable to load stats.dll

Brian Inglis writes:
> This is the situation alternatives(8) was designed
> for - to mediate names and functions.

Except alternatives is based on symlinks and therefore doesn't work for
DLL.  We've been through this discussion multiple times.  If anybody has
time and incliniation to provide an alternatives patched so that it
deals with DLL via native symlink, plain copy or hardlink, then we might
get somewhere.

Regards,
Achim.