This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Use a default path in exec*p*() if PATH is unset?
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:08:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Use a default path in exec*p*() if PATH is unset?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am 10.04.2017 um 22:29 schrieb Christian Franke:
A few years after https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-09/msg00204.html
I found another use case of an unset PATH variable:
The configure script from mandoc (http://mdocml.bsd.lv/) uses this
interesting approach to query default CC command from make:
CC=`printf "all:\\n\\t@echo \\\$(CC)\\n" | env -i make -sf -`
Why does it `env -i` at all? (And why does it prepend a \ to the output?)
It seems this scriptlet has an issue, rather than adapting core
behaviour for it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple