This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installing sshd with option --type manual
- From: Charles Russell <worwor at bellsouth dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:48:42 -0500
- Subject: Installing sshd with option --type manual
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Starting from a default installation of sshd that was working properly,
I tried uninstalling sshd with cygrunsrv and reinstalling with --type
(cygrunsrv --install sshd --path /usr/sbin/sshd.exe --type manual)
After rebooting I cannot start sshd with cygrunsrv. Instead, I get
message "Error starting a service: Query service status: Win32 Error 1062"
Is it practical to use "--type manual" with sshd, or are its security
restrictions too tight for this kind of installation? My intent was to
have sshd off by default, but available when I need it, with current
status easily seen with ps.
Is there an easy fixup for my broken sshd, or should I rerun
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple