This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to debug XWin starting only sometimes?
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Leon Meier <Leon dot Meier at yandex dot ru>
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 13:59:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: How to debug XWin starting only sometimes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 01/05/2017 16:19, Leon Meier wrote:
When starting "XWin Server" though the windows shortcut, it sometimes
won't start; other times it will.
Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Any hints who may be the culprit and/or how to debug the issue?
It might be useful to compare the logs between an successful and
unsuccessful startup attempt. The differences might be a useful clue.
> In /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log.old we see
> [ 775,375] winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Fatal error 1 on xcb connection
I'm guessing that perhaps this was from an unsuccessful previous run?
In which case I would be interested to see the whole log.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple