This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup release candidate - please test
- From: "Steven Penny via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 04:38:57 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: setup release candidate - please test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
On Mon, 8 May 2017 12:06:31, Jon Turney wrote:
A setup release candidate is available at:
Since this changes the way we download files, I think this can use some
wider testing before release.
Please test and give feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. If no regressions
are discovered in the next few days, it will be promoted to release.
Looks good, but I still hate the last screen. The "Create Icons" screen. I do
not now or ever want to create these icons, but Cygwin asks me every single
time. So I must uncheck the boxes every single time.
Yes, I know I can just make a shortcut with the proper flags included, but why
should I? Setup already remembers via /etc/setup/setup.rc:
We should be able to add the icon preference to this list.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple