Re: BUG: winmain GetCommandLine only returning program name and path with no arguments

On 2017-05-13 08:30, Mike Barry wrote:
> Below is a sample program that demonstrates that the GetCommandLine
> function is not returning the command line arguments. I attached
> cygcheck.out.
>
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int WINAPI
> WinMain(HINSTANCE hInst, HINSTANCE hPrev, LPSTR szCmdLine, int sw) {
>         char* text = GetCommandLine();
>         printf("getcmdline: %s\n", text);
>         return 0;
> }
>
> gcc test_wmain.c -o test
>
> $ ./test hello world
> getcmdline: "C:\cygwin64\home\mbarry\game-repos\greenbeam\src\test.exe"

Cygwin program startup may have already taken care of the command line.

If you're using Cygwin, lose the MS cruft, and define a standard non-MS:

int
main( int argc, char **argv) {
}

and process the args with getopt as usual.
You could try Mingw or VS, but even there I believe you can use standard
main().