Re: Clueless! sshd ONLY fails at system startup (XP/SP3) -- FOLLOWUP

On 2017-05-26 09:51, Brian Inglis wrote:

[snip]
Now I wonder if I will find the same result on W7 when I install openssh.
(yes, W7 also has F-Secure anti-virus installed).
Anyone using F-Secure on W7 and operating the sshd?

For Win7 MS Defender, MS Security Essentials (MSE - free MS download),
and Windows Firewall were not BLODAs for me, all others were, but you
still have to open up required ports in routers, Firewall, and any
security products, and/or enable apps to receive. It can be a pain.

Does F-n-Secure have firewall or port block features - many have?
Allow port 22 in (or your selection, and from selected hosts or
networks, if it can be limited).

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info.

... yes, I know how to "clear" the firewall-hurdle :-)

F-Secure SAFE (anti-virus):

I got "F-Secure SAFE" from my provider; it is only anti-virus; that
is: no firewall ...

Some time ago it automatically upgraded itself ... and kept working.

After UNinstalling it (as I wrote in my previous post) I decided to
REinstall it (downloaded the executable from my provider).

After startup the executable tells me:

    "your system (XP!) is no longer supported!"

Case closed ;-)

(I still have to verify W7 and openssh in combo with F-Secure)

Henri