This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
PPID in ps -efW not accurate
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 13:10:54 -0400
- Subject: PPID in ps -efW not accurate
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The information exists in Windows somewhere, but either does not seem
to be available to ps, or is not fetched by ps, and I don't know
enough to know which...
I tested with both elevated and non-elevated bash sessions, and ps
-efW shows 0 (zero) as the PPID for all Windows processes
Is there any way around this? (already searched archives, but didn't
find anything useful).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple