This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:53:45 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 15 May 2017 15:59:48, Chet Ramey wrote:
It was inspired by the discussion starting with
The idea is to optimize pasted input using the assumption that it will be
mostly composed of characters that map to self-insert, and you can batch
read those characters and perform one display update.
The way to test whether or not a character will be inserted into the
editing buffer is to see whether or not it maps directly to self-insert.
If that's the problem, there will have to be a cygwin-specific fix; it
Bumping this thread because it is a new month. Also of note, it is now over 4
months since my initial report, and the errant version of readline has not been
patched or rolled back:
and I did post the potential problem code back in April:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple