This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
xterm 327-1 to 329-1 needs font dependency
- From: Bryan Dongray <cygwin at dongrays dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:52:38 -0700
- Subject: xterm 327-1 to 329-1 needs font dependency
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: nocdirect.com; auth=pass (login) smtp.auth=sagitarius at nocdirect dot com
On an upgrade of xterm from 327-1 to 329-1 starting an xterm now complains:
/usr/bin/xterm: cannot load font "-Misc-Fixed-bold-R-*-*-10-100-75-75-C-60-ISO8859-1"
/usr/bin/xterm: cannot load font "-Misc-Fixed-medium-R-*-*-10-100-75-75-C-120-ISO10646-1"
/usr/bin/xterm: cannot load font "-Misc-Fixed-bold-R-*-*-10-100-75-75-C-120-ISO10646-1"
When I downgrade to 327-1 these messages do not show, so I assume the
latest version requires specific fonts.
I installed all the X11 fonts which were described as "core font"
(surprisingly a reinstall of "xinit" did not install these),
but still I get the above messages. However I assume xterm falls back on
some other font, as everything displays ok (as far as I checked).
Q1. Can someone point me at which font I need to install to not get these
warnings (I tried a few, but no luck, and there are hundreds to try)?
Q2. Shouldn't these fonts be a dependency of xterm?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple