This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:57:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANZ2p_ckjzWEp0uPoJ8MAXh=0B6ZhWQVt9v_NmsFP-fpoX-sEg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CANZ2p_cpjbjvZfOgSKAmsCT92QHC1i-yPc2BosJgL6u4LCdypQ@mail.gmail.com>
> STOP PRESS: in gdb, the output IS there:
> User-PC-> gdb hello.exe
> GNU gdb (GDB) (Cygwin 7.10.1-1) 7.10.1
> Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin".
> Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
> For help, type "help".
> Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
> Reading symbols from hello.exe...done.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/User/c_dir/hello.exe
> [New Thread 6868.0x5b0]
> [New Thread 6868.0x18dc]
> [New Thread 6868.0x1990]
> Hello, world!
> [Thread 6868.0x1990 exited with code 0]
> [Inferior 1 (process 6868) exited normally]
> Which is dandy, but then why, outside of gdb, is there nothing at all?
> Still stumped!
Is your prompt overwriting the output of the program?
$ hello | cat
$ hello | grep ello
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple