This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: terminal program tty error problem
- From: Michael Jun <Michael dot Jun at hideep dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 06:49:26 +0000
- Subject: RE: terminal program tty error problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <D733A44DCB98DB4AB49C9B6F9DE26F350B1A02@mbox01.hideep.com>
Some information has been missed.
The "no access to tty" warning message is produced when login shell is tcsh (csh) only. bash shell does not produce the warning message.
For tcsh login shell case, QTerminal and KConsole do not have this "no access to tty" problem. But other terminal programs do have this problem.
From: Michael Jun
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2017 12:30 PM
To: 'firstname.lastname@example.org' <email@example.com>
Subject: terminal program tty error problem
Hello All Cygwiners,
When I invoke system terminal programs from gnome/openbox desktop menu, most of them including gnome-terminal produce the following message.
Warning: no access to tty (Inappropriate ioctl for device).
Thus no job control in this shell.
QTerminal and KConsole does not have this symptom.
What does cause this message and may be cured?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple