This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Poor display of remote X-application if running without local window manager
- From: Manfred Bartz <manfred dot bartz at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:33:25 +1000
- Subject: Poor display of remote X-application if running without local window manager
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I can use Cygwin-X in multi-window mode locally without any issues.
However, when I start a remote application with the display forwarded
to my local X-Server, the X-forwarding works but the display quality
is awful. It also appears that the font selection is not what it
When I start a local X-Server which is managed by XFCE the display is
I have captured the difference in a screen shot here: http://imgur.com/6rinh0Y
Both Emacs sessions are on the same remote system.
The problem is similar with other X-Windows apps such as Eclipse.
FWIW, I have never observed the same issue on previous installations
Any information on how to fix this configuration issue would be highly
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple