This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Removing Git dependency on Perl [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Git v2.13.2-2]
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:16:31 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Removing Git dependency on Perl [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Git v2.13.2-2]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 08:58:14, cyg Simple wrote:
Perl is a requirement for development work using autoconf and friends
anyway so is it that much of a struggle to require it for git?
Good point too, but note that Cmake does not require Perl. Autotools is the
dinosaur of build systems, I would like to see it go away. Anyway thanks for the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple