Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On 7/23/2017 8:32 AM, mike wrote:
Hi

I updated my Cywin installation on the 21st or 22nd of July 2017. I run 32-bit Cygwin/X on 64-bit Win 7 Pro. If I launch the Cygwin Xwin Server I get the icon at the very top middle of the screen and can then go into the icons menu and right click on the Cygwin icon and get a list of categories of applications to run and apparently launch because if I try to launch some and wait long enough and right click on the aforementioned icon and select quit it says there are N apps running and do I want to close them. The problem is that anything I launch through the icons menu doesn't display anywhere and in particular doesn't appear in the task bar. I have read the FAQ and UG but can't find what I'm looking for. It definitely seems to me that the behaviour has changed since before I updated.

Yes, there was a change about two years ago. I suspect you have a .startxwinrc that uses fbpanel instead of xwin-xdg-menu. See

  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00013.html

Ken