This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:59:37 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f405bd91-17d8-6728-99be-e76cc4edd41e@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:48:47, Brian Inglis wrote:
Many archives and sites display lines off the right margin instead of allowing
them to wrap as normal in HTML. Possibly using pre format style without
horizontal scrollbars instead of just specifying a monospace font style. That
makes it a site or converter design issue!
Nope. Wrong. David has been doing this for over 2 years:
So it is a user issue. The user must hard wrap because Cygwin site does not.
When he knowingly disregards this he does it to the detriment of all users of
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple