This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
GVIM unable to start GUI
- From: Mike Rumore <mike dot a dot rumore at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:49:26 -0500
- Subject: GVIM unable to start GUI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I installed Cygwin yesterday and I am unable to startup GVIM in a
separate window. I verified Xwin is running and I tried a few
different types of DISPLAY;
localhost:0.0 (with the XWin server started with -listen inet)
All failed with the following errors:
Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV.
E852: The child process failed to start the GUI.
One more thing, I also got the installation errors concerning the
missing poppler and openjpeg packages which was reported yesterday.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple