This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: The bash console exits in 2.9.0
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 14:24:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: The bash console exits in 2.9.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nick Popoff writes:
> Maybe, you are already aware of this problem introduced in 2.9.0. When I
> say, for example:
> man ls
> The bash console just exits and 'less' stays running in memory until I kill
> it. This behavior completely disrupted everything I was doing. The scripts
> are with the same behavior seemingly when '&' is used to put the command in
> background. Thanks God, I had backups and restored 2.8.2.
More specifically, this happens for programs started from a console
window (cmd), but not when the same commands are run in mintty (the
shell itself doesn't seem to have anything to do with it).
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple