This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unable to use Cygwin RCS commands in Windows Emacs
- From: David Standish <dnstandish at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 22:26:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: Unable to use Cygwin RCS commands in Windows Emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2609139.qye4Nty6R7@sandl> <email@example.com> <5294846.P7PobnLGkX@sandl>
I managed to get windows emacs to work with cygwin rcs.
Apart from rcs.exe, the other rcs commands are shell scripts that
Create a modified version of vc-rcs.el
replacing the various vc-do-command's with alternate ones that use
(apply 'vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "ci" file
(apply 'vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "rcs" file "ci"
Modify your ,emacs to load the alternate vc-rcs.el
Maybe a similar approach will work for you.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple