chere install problem

Moving to a new machine with Windows 10 from an old machine with Windows 7,
I am installing Cygwin from scratch. I am having trouble with package chere:

$ cygcheck -c chere
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
chere                1.4-1          OK
$ chere -if -t mintty -s bash
Error (5): Access is denied.

/usr/bin/chere Error: Hive not writable
/usr/bin/chere: Aborting.
$

I've added "noacl" to the entries in /etc/fstab, but it had no effect:

none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,noacl,posix=0,user 0 0
C:/cygwin64/home /home dummy binary,noacl

Chere is a marvelously useful utility. I'd hate to have to give it up.
Any help?

--Ken Nellis